If you are planning to purchase a kitchen dining table and chairs, consider buying kitchen furniture made of wood. Let's learn why wooden pieces of furniture are an advantage.
Advantages of buying wooden chairs
- Strong and Durable- Wooden chairs are made from solid wood, and it is needless to say that they are powerful. They can easily withstand the wear and tear of daily use and are sure to remain functional for a very long period. Their durability also eliminates the need to replace them any time soon.
- Attractive- Wooden furniture already looks very beautiful, and the carvings on them enhance their appearance. They can easily match up with the interiors of your home, no matter if you have a modern or contemporary setting.
- Easy Maintenance- Wooden chairs are easy to clean and maintain as well. The correct coatings on them will protect them from the attack of fungus and termites, and they will remain functional and beautiful for a very long period.
- Resistant to Weather- Wooden chairs are generally resistant to weather. Thus, the weather will not damage the chairs even if you forget them outdoors while enjoying quality time with your friends.
- Versatile- Wooden chairs come in various sizes, types, patterns and finishes. This allows you to find the ideal ones for your needs quickly.
- Value- Initially, when you start with wooden furniture, wood costs disturb you, but you should remember that wooden kitchen dining table and chairs furniture are very durable compared to other materials. And in the future, this will return your price.
- Eco-Friendly- Wood does not harm nature's domain like plastic. The tree develops the benefits of wooden furniture, and you don't need to stress over environmental degradation from it.
Which woods to consider for furniture making?
Teak wood - looks incredibly attractive after it is polished and is not affected by pests or white ants. This wood doesn't shrink significantly and doesn't corrode the metal fastenings. It can be found in the southern and central parts of India. The furniture made from this wood has great aesthetic appeal. It feels smooth when you touch it, and its brown colour looks much better than the other wood types made from particle boards or plywood. They last for about a century.
Sal wood - is mainly found in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. Its tensile strength and durability have made it a rather popular option for creating flooring and musical instruments. This wood is the best for furniture, wooden frames and beams and is durable. It is resistant to white ants, fungi and insects. It is immune to rot and decay.
Mahogany - stays durable even when it is underwater. It takes on a relatively deep colour once it has been polished. This wood can be found in Assam, Bengal, and Kerala. Mahogany has a glossy finish. This means that the wood's pores absorb the paint well enough to give it a polished finish.
Another advantage of this wood, which is the best wood for furniture in India, is that it does not decay underwater. Hence, this wood will be considered the best for kitchen dining tables and chairs where the use of water is maximum.
Kitchen dining tables and chairs should always be considered wooden as these places are the ones most exposed to daily uses. This article on the advantages of wooden furniture and what types of wood are best for furniture - helps you plan your furniture.